Graphic Designer Download Application Form
Role: Graphic Designer
Reporting to: Production Manager
To create high quality, accurate and creative artwork in a timely manner to meet the needs of the clients and editorial staff for print, online and social media.
The Graphic Designer works closely with the sales/copy staff to create, modify and update advertisements in time to meet monthly advertising deadlines.
The designers also work directly with the editorial staff to build the monthly newspaper including the laying out of pages to the end product print publication, E-publication and social media.
Key Criteria Essential
- Produce quality work in a fast-paced environment, meeting deadlines and client expectations for creativity and accuracy
- Collaborate with copy controllers', customers and design professionals in order to produce effective and accurate work
- Present necessary artwork/revision to copy controllers on time, ensuring that client has adequate time for review and approval
- Follow deadline set for production and placement of ads
- Communicate with production team to ensure the highest quality designs are produced
- Have good organizational skills, accuracy and attention to detail
- Commit to the highest level of accuracy
- Maintain an awareness of current design trends and a working knowledge of the latest industry software
- Ensure that all advertisements and graphics are properly prepared for 4-colour press output
- Maintain positive working relationships and demonstrate willingness to support other team members
- Understand and adhere to the policies and procedures of EDA Media
- At least 2 years experience working within a Graphic Design/Advertising environment
- proficient in online/epublications traditional print and social media
- Experience working to deadlines and targets
- At least 5 GCSE’s Grade C and above or equivalent
- Degree in Graphic Design related field
- Skills and Abilities
- Customer focus
- Results orientated
- Building relationships
Salary 18K per annum
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and employee will also perform other business duties as assigned by staff. EDA Media reserves the right to revise or change job duties as needed. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. EDA Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer.